Friday, June 17, 2011

Honey Bun Cake

The other evening I had a Thirty-One party.  (If you read this post you know what I'm talking about!) Since my days of being thirty-one will be over next week, I decided to serve cake and ice cream at our fun girls night!  I love to bake and may have gotten a little carried away...I ended up baking four cakes!  And one had four layers!


But the one that got the most rave reviews was my Honey Bun Cake.  I used to make these when we had people over during our early married years, but hadn't made one in forever.  I don't know what made me think of it, and couldn't find my original recipe, but I googled it and used a Betty Crocker recipe that turned out great!


I am one of those people who always varies slightly from the recipe, and I did here as well - but mainly I just made more frosting and used more cinnamon in the filling.  Because sometimes less is more, but sometimes it isn't!  Especially when it comes to frosting and cinnamon.  :)


This is one of those cakes that would be good for breakfast - seriously!  It tastes like a honey bun, so it would be great at brunch with fruit and a breakfast casserole, or would be perfect to bring to a brunch or shower.  It is super easy, and tastes delicious while it's still warm - and cold the next day for that matter (not that I ate the leftovers or anything, ahem).

So if Honey Bun Cake seems like something you'd like to try, here is the link to the recipe I used as a guide.  If you make it, pour yourself a big cold glass of milk and think of me as you enjoy!


http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/honey-bun-cake/fd374cd7-3f59-41f4-98d9-05b5e8bfef6f

*I also omitted the nuts, though they would probably be tasty, and used a knife to swirl the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment