Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let's Interrupt This Week Of Eating To Talk About Food For A Minute...

I don't know about you, but I have eaten more scrumptious food this week between Christmas and New Years than I have all holiday season!

One evening we dug out our gift cards and went on a double date to Maggiano's with my parents.  Don't even get me started on Maggiano's, there's just not enough time! My parents had never done the family style dining there and while I was describing everything as we ordered and waited for our dinner, my dad said I should do a commercial for them!  I'll just say this....fried zucchini and shrimp scampi.  Oh, and shrimp and crab fondue.  Not to mention the chopped salad and beef medallions.  Okay, I'll stop now.  Let's just say dining there is a huge treat!



Last night I went out with these cuties for cheese and chocolate at The Melting Pot!  Madi asked me what The Melting Pot was and I told her it was bliss.  She asked what bliss was and I said happiness.  "So The Melting Pot is happiness?" she asked me.  Well, yeah, basically.  :) But I mean really, things can only get happier when you dip them in cheese and chocolate.


Yesterday afternoon I got to eat this...but I'll tell you more about that later!  It was not just a meal, it was an experience.  A very neat one.


Soon we are heading to spend New Year's Eve with some friends of ours.  I have Broccoli Salad filled with natural goodies like dried cranberries, onions, walnuts, and a homemade dressing marinating.  I have Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles baking away in the oven.  These little bundles are always a hit when I bring them to parties so I figured I better made a batch!  The guys devour them.  Strawberry season is just starting around here, so I hulled two containers of local strawberries, got a bag of marshmallows, and am going to try my hand at my own Chocolate Fondue in a few minutes (I was inspired by The Melting Pot bliss!).  I'll let you now how it goes. I also baked some hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with a buttery mustard sauce, and they are currently wrapped in foil and keeping warm in the slow cooker.

Don't you just love party food?!

Happy New Year !  Have a fun, safe evening and let me know what goodies you made to take to your celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment