Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Favorite Big Fat Greek Pork Roast

The other day on my facebook status, I mentioned that my mom was making her delicious pork roast with olive oil, lemons, and garlic.  Several people commented that they wanted the recipe, and after eating it that evening and being reminded how amazingly succulent it is, I thought I'd share!

I had to ask her how she makes it because I never have actually made it, I've only eaten it....and in large amounts because it's extremely addictive!

So here's how my mom makes her Greek Pork Roast....


Take a big, fat pork loin.  Use a knife to cut slits in it, and stuff the slits with fresh garlic.  She uses a ton, like a whole half of a garlic clove.  Douse the roast generously with olive oil.  Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.  Cut up red potatoes and surround the roast with them.  Add more of that fresh garlic to the potatoes.  Season them and douse generously with olive oil.  Squeeze the juice of three lemons over the meat and potatoes.  Cook at 350 for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.  Enjoy the aroma that fills your home as this dish cooks, and enjoy the happy dance your taste buds do when they try it.  (That was my advice, free of charge.) 
 Opa!

No comments:

Post a Comment